The alignment of uneven teeth is not just a matter of aesthetics; also health, because the shapes of the teeth and the position of the jaws affect the function of the mouth and generate collateral ailments.
During chewing, crooked or misplaced teeth can collide with each other, causing tiny fractures that erode the enamel and damage the tooth and, due to the overload they support, can cause the patient headaches, neck, shoulder and the back.
Also, misaligned teeth are difficult to clean and more prone to tooth decay and periodontal disease.
How much does a treatment cost? The College of Dental Surgeons of Costa Rica establishes a minimum fee for complete orthodontic treatments at 907 thousand colones, distributed as follows:
- Fixed metallic orthodontics (treatment completed in 24 months) ₡ 793,000.
- Orthodontic retainer (includes the 2 arches) ₡ 65,000.
- Orthodontic removal (₡ 49,000).
But, given that our project is solidary and has the ultimate purpose of promoting a population without cavities, through collaborative payments, in Costa Rica Cero Caries we offer complete orthodontic treatment through the acquisition of a one-time payment membership of 190 thousand colones.
Our service includes orthodontic placement, change of modules or elastic chains on a monthly basis, arches and respective change of arches as the requirements of each orthodontic phase are met, intermaxillary garters as prescribed, orthodontic removal at the end of the treatment, removable aesthetic acetate vacuum retainers and retainer box.
Remember that in dental medicine we categorize tooth misalignment into different types:
- Overbite: It occurs when the upper anterior teeth almost completely cover the lower teeth.
- Underbite: It occurs when the lower teeth are excessively extended forward or the upper teeth are positioned backwards.
- Cross bite: It occurs when, when biting, the upper teeth fall slightly in front of the lower anterior ones.
- Open bite: It is the term by which the condition that occurs when there is an open space between the anterior teeth is known.
- Displaced midline: It occurs when the center of the upper anterior teeth does not align with the center of the lower teeth.
- Spacing: Term with which the spaces between teeth are called, for natural reasons or due to the absence of a tooth.
- Crowding: Produced when the teeth exceed the adequate size to fit in the space that corresponds to them in the jaws.
Therefore, to determine if a person needs orthodontic treatment, a diagnosis is required that includes their medical and dental history, clinical examination, models of their teeth made in plaster, x-rays and photographs.
Based on the result of the diagnosis, the orthodontist determines if the patient needs orthodontic treatment and develops a treatment plan according to their needs.
Check our website for the memberships we have available, we are in favor of good dental health and fighting to have a population without cavities.